Designed for individuals nearing the end of their lives and for those who have lost loved ones,
The Legacy Song Project is an invitation to honour, reflect on, and preserve the memory of a loved one in song.
No musical experience is needed to participate.
It starts with a 1-hour conversation and your stories become the foundation for the song that is created.
HOW IT WORKS
- A 1-hour recorded interview
(available in-person and online). Sarah uses PIPEDA (Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) compliant software Zoom Pro.
- Sarah uses the content from the conversation to write and record a personalized song within a 2 week period, depending on urgency. Each song typically takes 20 hours to complete, from the time of interview to putting the song into the clients’ hands.
- The client and family receive framed lyrics with a USB containing the interview, the song (music only version), as well as a version with vocal clips from the interview. For online clients, the song, interview, and lyrics will be sent electronically.
- With the clients permission the song is shared in live and recorded settings to raise awareness about The Legacy Song Project.
- Identities are kept confidential (unless otherwise specified).
In order to make this service as accessible as possible, pricing is offered on a sliding scale from $500.00 CA to $650.00 CA. You get to choose what you are comfortable with, quality and process do not change across prices. If you feel these prices are a barrier to participation in The Legacy Song Project, please email Sarah to discuss alternative payment options.
Your contributions are appreciated and will be used to support The Legacy Song Project.
E-transfers are accepted at
after receiving your legacy song.